You can reach our offices any time Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time
1 877 700 4999
TrueShare Frequently Asked Questions
- GETTING STARTED
Do I need to install any software to use TrueShare?
- The Java Run-Time Engine (JRE) must be present on your computer for our multi-file upload component to work. Although the JRE is software it is not application software like a web browser or spreadsheet program. The JRE is essentially the Java operating system running inside your Apple, Linux, or Windows operating system and our multi-upload component runs inside of the JRE.
Do I need to use Microsoft Internet Explorer as my web browser?
- No. TrueShare is optimized to support the following browsers: IE6 and IE7, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, and Safari
What happens at the end of the trial period?
- Your account will become inactive and on your next login you will have the option to register your account and continue using it with all your files and folders in tact.
Can I pay using a purchase order instead of a credit card?
- Yes. We accept business checks and we provide an invoice for your records.
What if I still have questions?
- Send us an email – we are here to help. We respond promptly to your questions and do everything we can to assist you at all times.
Can we have a login page customized with our own logo and graphics?
- Yes. From the Account Settings Site Integration tab you can produce a “code snippet” that can be added to your website that will produce a login point of entry for you and your users to access your TrueShare file system. Customize with your colors or graphics to completely integrate it into your site.
What documentation is available for TrueShare?
- We provide a Quick Start Guide to give you a jump-start, and we provide a full Users Guide to explain all features available to you. Our FAQ’s provide much helpful information.
Which screen resolutions does TrueShare support?
- TrueShare is optimized for screen resolutions equal to or greater than 1024x768
- UPLOADING FILES
Can I upload a folder from my computer?
- You can drag and drop a folder and its entire contents will be uploaded to your current TrueShare folder, but a new folder with the same folder name will not automatically be created in your TrueShare account.
Can I tell when new files have been uploaded since my last visit?
- Yes. You can see every transaction that occurs within your TrueShare account. Our transaction log viewer allows you to view transactions by user, by date, by type, etc. to maintain complete control over your TrueShare resources.
I am getting a red X in the section that says “Upload”. How do I fix this?
- The file upload component is not loading correctly. This is usually caused by an incompatible or non-existent Java Run-Time Engine. Follow these directions to get the most recent version of the JRE installed on your computer. Go to www.java.com; Click the “Free Java Download” button at the top of the page to begin the install. The process is quick and easy and should resolve the problem. After the install completes successfully you must close and re-open your web browser.
Can I use Drag-n-Drop?
- Yes. When selecting files to upload you can drag and drop them into the upload component.
What types of files can I upload to my TrueShare account?
- Any kind of files you have.
Is there a file size limit on uploading files?
- Yes. You are limited to a 2 GB maximum file size.
- DOWNLOADING FILES
Can I set my own download limits?
- Yes. You can set download limits for each user account in your TrueShare system.
How many times can a file be downloaded?
- Unlimited. TrueShare is a true file system. As long as you don’t delete the file, you have the ability to download, copy, move, edit, etc. the file
- SHARE FILES
How do I send files?
- To “send” files you would use the TrueShare Send-A-Link feature that sends an email to all specified recipients, containing a link to a web page where they can download the file or files you’ve sent them.
How do I get my clients or associates to upload files?
- Your TrueShare account comes with the ability to create an unlimited number of user accounts; complete with user id’s and passwords, folder access privileges, file access privileges, and many other settings that you control. Setup a user account and give it access to the appropriate folder(s) and provide the user id and password to your client or associate to share files through your TrueShare file system.
Can I link directly to my file?
- Generally speaking, no. But the TrueShare Send-A-Link feature does give the ability to create a link to one or more files and provide others access to these files.
- PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Is my data secure?
- Yes, your data is safe. All uploads and downloads are secured by 128 bit SSL encryption and our servers reside in a commercial data center behind state-of-the-art physical and electronic security systems.
Is my credit card secure?
- Yes, your credit card is safe. It is stored in our database in an encrypted format so not even TrueShare employees maintaining our systems can gain access to your credit card number.
Who is able to delete the file?
- User accounts that you have given Delete privileges to will have the ability to delete any files existing in folders that their account has access to.
Will my clients be able to see folders that I've made for other clients?
- Only if you give their user accounts access to these same folders. Otherwise, no.
- ACCOUNT DETAILS
What does Transfer Limit mean?
- The Transfer Limit is the number of bytes of data your account has available to upload and download each month. If you are about to exceed this limit you will be notified before completing your transfer. If you exceed your transfer limit your account will roll to the next larger plan for that month.
What does Storage Limit mean?
- The Storage Limit is the number of bytes of data your account has available to store on our servers each month. If you are about to exceed this limit you will be notified before completing your upload. If you exceed your storage limit your account will roll to the next larger plan for that month.
When and where can I change my plan?
- You can change your plan at any time and you do this in the Account Settings section. You will be provided complete details of the account change before you commit to the change so you will find no surprises.
Can I link to my TrueShare file system from my website?
- Yes. From the Account Settings --> Site Integration tab you can produce a “code snippet” that can be added to your website that will produce a login point of entry for you and your users to access your TrueShare file system. Customize with your colors or graphics to completely integrate it into your site.
Why Is My Upload Speed Limit So Slow?
- That’s hard to say sometimes. We can tell you that TrueShare servers reside in a high-capacity, high-reliability, commercial data center with exceptional bandwidth available. We have seen 2MB per second transfers (up and down) at some locations and we have seen 60kb per second transfers at other locations – it is usually related to the bandwidth you have available on your Internet connection, but other times its hard to say what is going on across the Internet networks.
How is TrueShare different than FTP?
- TrueShare is a complete internet file system and is a direct replacement for many implementations of FTP. As such, it shares many features with FTP, but it is distinctly different too.